Hey there sweet pea! For this Frugal Friday I’m going to be talking about a dupe (that I actually prefer) for the Kat Von D Ink Liner.I want to preface this post that I’m comparing the INK liner (in Trooper) and not the Tattoo liner. The Ink liner has a felt tip and isn’t the one that everyone normally talks about. I can’t personally talk about the tattoo liner but both Punk and Prep rave over it I’m just more of a felt tip girl.
The dupe I’m going to be comparing it to is the Wet n’ Wild ProLine Felt Tip Eyeliner (in black) guys this product is only $4, and it’s pretty great! There are some obvious differences between the products but all in all I prefer this one over the Kat Von D liner for more reasons than just the price.
- They both have felt tips. (The Ink Liner’s stays “sharper” longer though)
- If you like felt tip liners they’re both super easy to use and to create that wing we all strive for.
- They’re both cruelty-free!!
- They both dry down dark and matte. (The Ink liner is slightly darker)
- They have the same wear time on my eyes. (View picture below)
- The price is the biggest difference, the Ink liner is $19, the ProLine liner is only $3.99.
- Availability, you can order both online pretty easily, if you want to go into the store to purchase these though the Kat Von D liner is available at Sephora while the Wet n’ Wild liner is at pretty much every drugstore. (Walgreens, Walmart, Target, etc…). This might not be a big deal if you have a Sephora near you but the town we live in the only Sephora is in the JC Penny at the mall.
- Another big difference is that the Ink liner is waterproof and the ProLine liner isn’t. This doesn’t effect me too much and I don’t see a big difference in lasting time but if you have really oily eyelids or a problem with transferring you might want to be wary of this.
- Color selection: the Ink liner comes in 10 different colors while the ProLine liner comes in just black and dark brown.
I wore these liners on the same day different eyes and asked Punk and Prep if they could tell I had two different liners on. The only difference they found was that the Kat Von D liner was a little darker. I had these liners on my eyes from 11:30 am on Saturday to 2 am on Sunday, when I looked up close I could tell that the Wet n’ Wild liner was starting to fade, then again who’s makeup looks good that late at night/ early in the morning? (Sorry about the poor quality I took these on my phone)
For me the Ink Liner by Kat Von D isn’t worth it when the Wet n’ Wild Proline is out there. Save yourself the money unless you absolutely NEED a waterproof liner. I believe this so much that I intend on returning my Ink Liner (thank goodness for Sephora’s return policy!)
–Keep it Posh