Hello and a happy Skincare Saturday to you all, Punk here with a compilation of tips and tricks to help combat acne that I’ve learned throughout my battle against the face demons, so let’s go.
There are a ton of steps you can take to help clear up and prevent acne, or so I’m told. Nothing has completely fixed mine yet and I’m still searching for a perfect formula for clear skin, however, here a few things that have certainly made my acne more manageable:
- Cleanse with Salicylic Acid
- Salicylic Acid is pretty well known to help with acne, I don’t know how, but it’s magic. However, using too much can dry out your skin and topical products with it will increase sun sensitivity. I usually limit myself to one or two products with it.
- I know this can seem counterintuitive, but the answer to fixing acne is not to completely dry out your skin, which can actually make it much worse. You can even find moisturizers with Salicylic Acid that are meant for acne prone skin.
- BUT not with harsh physical exfoliants, those can irritate blemishes and spread bacteria around. Use a gentle physical exfoliant or a chemical one to keep your skin smooth and clear.
- Masks can make or break you
- A good mask can be an excellent fix for angry skin, but know what to look for, generally charcoal and mud work well for acne, but stay away from anything coconut. Coconut oil is highly comedogenic and WILL break you out.
- For the body
- Obviously body wash meant for acne is a no-brainer, but if you really like the scent of a regular soap and don’t want to switch, go to the store and buy a bottle of Salicylic acid to mix in when you’re washing that bod. Or, mix in your face cleanser. Another thing to invest in is a body lotion with lactic acid, which helps with dryness and sloughs off whatever may be clogging your pores.
Thanks for hanging out with me, hope you all have a fantastic day and that your skin is clear when you next look in the mirror.