Hi there sweet pea! In today’s Try It Tuesday I’m going to test out the Milani Conceal and Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer. Honestly I had high hopes for this foundation, after watching and reading so many positive reviews I was super excited to try it out. Needless to say I think it’s totally worth the hype. I have pretty normal skin with some redness on my cheeks and some acne spots and I wear the shade “01 Creamy Vanilla”.
Honestly when I look up reviews I like them to be concise so I’m going to list some pros and cons for y’all…
- The “medium to full coverage” claim is valid, it has got coverage while not feeling heavy.
- It’s easy to blend out even though it’s a thicker foundation.
- It has a smooth finish (I still set mine with powder because I’ll get oily in my T-zone if I skip that step)
- While the color selection isn’t the best, it is nice that there are different undertones (I’d check out the description of the colors before you go to the store and pick out your shade)
- It covered all the redness on my cheeks.
- It lasts all day and is definitely sweat-proof! (which is great for these hot and humid Texas summers)
- You can find this foundation at your local Walmart and it’s under $10.
- The bottle is so pretty, with the gradient and the gold writing it looks nice sitting out on your vanity. Also this foundation has a pump and honestly that’s all I need from the packaging.
- It’s cruelty-free!
- The color selection isn’t any good for pale skin gals. (if you’re any lighter than me I don’t think you’ll find a color to match you)
- It Oxidizes (gets darker) once it sets onto your skin, I initially picked up the shade “02 Natural” but soon realized that “01 Creamy Vanilla” was a better match once it oxidized (basically go a shade lighter than you think you’re going to need)
- It’s not the best for concealing under the eyes and it doesn’t completely cover blemishes.
- The smell, I don’t know how to describe it but it doesn’t smell good…
Something else that I think is worthy to not but isn’t a pro or con, is that since it’s a thicker foundation I find it blends out best with a beauty sponge instead of a brush.
And those are all of my thoughts on the Milani 2-in-1 Foundation, if you can a shade that works for you I would recommend picking it up and trying it out! Have you tried it out? What do you think of it?
–Keep it Posh