Hey lovelies! Today were gonna break down which drugstore red lipstick is the best.
Looking for that perfect, classic red lipstick? On a budget? You and me both. I hopes of finding the best red for less, I have conducted a little showdown . First, a little disclaimer. The lipsticks that I’m talking about today are just from my personal collection. I didn’t run out and grab any specifically for this post, so just a fair warning that I haven’t scoured the globe and bought every red ever. With that being said, let’s get going.
- Colourpop’s Lippie in Bichette ($5) – I really love the color and price of this one. It’s such a gorgeous wine color. This specific color is a part of their “matte” collection but as you can see in the swatch it’s not all that matte. Being the really clumsy person I am, I really struggle with applying the product in the way it’s packaged. That being said, it’s $5 and the color is enough to convince me.
- Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lip in Avenue ($6)- In comparison to the last, I like this products application a lot better. It liquid lipstick formulation also stays on a lot better than the previous one. The color is a super deep wine that I love, especially in the winter months. The only draw back would be the drying formula this has. I always end up with film around the inside of my lips after a day of wear.
- NYX’s Liquid Suede Lip in Cherry Skies ($7)- This one also has the really deep wine red that I love in the winter. My only complaint with this one is I always have to put on multiple coats to prevent patches from showing up on the lip. It also doesn’t dry very fast, especially after I’ve applied so many coats.
- L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Lipcolour in True Red ($8)- This was one of my first purchases to achieve the red lip. Ergo, this lipstick is more like a balm and has really crappy pigmentation. 10/10 would not recommend unless a balm like consistency and pigmentation are what you’re looking for.
- L’Oreal’s Le Matte Lipcolour Stick in Mad for Matte ($10)- I’ve written about this product and it’s sister lipstick in this post, but I’ll sum up my thoughts here. Great product with a “leaves-something-to-be-desired” packaging.
- Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 ($6)- Oh the cult classic 107. This is a great “affordable” option for a deep berry red. It goes on nicely and stays well without having a drying or matte effect. Highly recommend this one to any makeup babies reading this.
- Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in 111 ($6)- This product is, unsurprisingly, very similar to last. Great staying power for the more “juicy” (is this an appropriate classification? I feel like it should be) finish it creates. This is a much more orange-y red than it’s berry sister.
- Wet n Wild’s MegaLast Lip Color in Stoplight Red ($2)- This is actually my first-ever red lipstick. I picked it up because it was $2 and I needed performance makeup on a budget. Understandably this product doesn’t have the best pigmentation and will wear off really fast, but it’s $2!! So I really can’t complain.
- Revlon’s ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Enticing ($10) – I’m gonna be honest, I’m not a big fan of balm-y type lips (in case you can’t tell). Which might bring up the question “Why on earth did you by a ‘Lacquer Balm’ then?!” I honestly couldn’t tell you why I picked this, all I know is its not my cup of tea. Really sheer pigmentation and wears off really easily. This being said, if you’re into this kind of a thing, the color is a gorgeous cherry red.
Ta da! I know this was a monster of a post but I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me below what your favorite red lip is and I’ll see ya next week!
Love ya bunches! – Prep