Hey lovelies! Today we’re gonna talk about my morning skincare routine!
If you’re anything like me, waking up is hard. The bed is calling your name and it’s so warm and comfy. So here’s a morning skincare routine that I find works best for my skin type (dry) and gives me something to look forward to in the mornings.
- The first thing I like to do is take my Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton round a cleanse my entire face. This gets rid of any dirt my face might have collected over night as well as cleaning off the last bits of makeup you might have missed the night before (ie: stupid waterproof mascara).
- Next I take my cleanser of choice for the morning, and scrub my face. This will make sure there are no clogged pores and double check there isn’t any grim elsewhere. My personal favorites are the Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser and the Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash. Clean and Clear is a much more gentle cleanser in my option, so I only use Proactive on bad acne days.
- Now I go in with toner t0 prep for the moisture I’m going to be applying later. My holy grail “affordable” toner is the Pixi Glow Tonic. This step corrects the pH of your face after the use of harsher cleansers.
- After I let the toner dry, I apply Coconut Oil to spot treat extra dry patches on my skin. Because I have such dry skin, I’ll sometimes get really rough and scaly areas on my cheeks or around my nose. This helps to even out the texture of my skin so its doesn’t look ridiculous when I put on foundation.
- And finally, I lock it all in with a moisturizer. I’ve recently been trying out a sample of Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Moisturizer as I’ve been wanting one with some SPF in it. It’s done alright so far, but I’ll keep you updated.
And you’re done! Wow the world with your morning person skills and tell me below what skincare post you would like to see!
Love ya bunches!- Prep