Hi there sweet pea this is the second part to my drugstore cruelty-free series! Today I’ll be talking about my favorite eye and eyebrow products from the drugstore!Let’s jump right in!
- e.l.f eyelid primer – I’ve already made a post pitting this product against the Urban Decay Primer Potion. If you haven’t read that post (you totally should btw) my decision was that they were comparable to each other and I’m always going to repurchase the cheaper option! My shadows last all day with out creasing with this primer, if you have semi oily eyelids I’d recommend testing this primer out!
- Since I’ve already made posts on all of my favorite drugstore eye palettes (the Milani Everyday Eye Palettes, the NYX Avant Pop Palette, Sonia Kashuk Matte Palette) so I’m not going to include any of those in this post but I will talk about my favorite single shadows.
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow – I’ll be honest with y’all when I say that I don’t have a TON of these but of the ones I do have are so good! My favorite is the shade Bella Cappuccino, it’s such a great shade to set primer for a grungy look.
- Another product that I really like is the Wet n’ Wild Proline Felt Liner. I’ve already done a review on this product and I compared it to the Kat Von D Ink liner. I don’t do liquid liner very often but when I do I prefer a felt tip liner because I think it’s easier to apply.
- Let’s talk pencil liners! NYX’s Tres Jolie Liner is amazing! It’s so dark and last so well in the waterline! I use this all the time in my tightline to make my lashes look thicker but this lasts all day without reapplication. (Look out for swatches at the end of the liner section)
- The NYX Slide On Pencil is nice for the waterline and lower lashline. I wouldn’t recommend the black shade (I’d go with the Tres Jolie) but the colored liners are totally worth it! The bronze one I’m showing is called “Golden Bronze” and it brings out the green in my eyes. These liners don’t last as long in my water line but they’re super easy to reapply and smudge! (The ULTA Gel Eye Liners are really similar to the NYX Slide On pencils. However you can often find a better deal on the Ulta pencils!)
- The NYX Wonder Pencil, while I don’t think this is the best liner of all time I love this liner for brightening my waterline. I usually have to reapply throughout the day but this is the most natural looking nude pencil.
- Prep has made a post comparing the NYX Micro Brow pencil and the ABH Brow Wiz, I’d recommend checking it out if you’re interested. I personally can’t bring myself to fork over 20 dollars for a brow pencil! This is the closest dupe I think everyone has found!
- The NYX Tinted Brow Mascara (I use the shade blonde) this is so good! The wand is a little bigger than I’d like but I’m making it work. I usually go over the product with a spoolie brush to work the product through my brows so it’s not too blonde in one spot.
10. While I haven’t found a favorite regular mascara, NYX’s The Skinny Mascara is my ride or die for the lower lashes. Every picture you’ve seen of my eyes I’ve been using that mascara on my lower lashes, it’s just so good!
And that’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed this installment of my drugstore favorites! What do y’all want to see for part 3?
–Keep it Posh