Hi there sweet pea! Today I’ll be trying out the NYX Studio Finish Powder and comparing it to my Coty Airspun!Earlier in the year I wrote a review on the Coty Airspun powder, and if you’ve checked that out then you know that I’m a big fan. However on my journey going cruelty-free I’ve discovered that Coty isn’t cruelty-free so once I finish the tub I’m working on now I won’t repurchase. This being said I’ve been on the hunt recently for a different mostly translucent loose powder to replace my Airspun.
During the same purchase as the Real Technique Brushes I did a review on I picked up the NYX Studio Finishing Powder in TranslucentNYX Studio Finishing Powder in Translucent. It’s $10 from Ulta for .21 oz of product. This definitely isn’t the cheaper alternative to the Airspun but I’ve heard good reviews so I thought I’d pick it up and try it out myself.
Here’s some traits about this powder~
- It kind of feels like cornstarch on the skin… in a good way though.
- It doesn’t really have a noticeable scent (much unlike the Airspun)
- The sifter is huge! Be prepared to dump a ton of powder into the cap.
- It doesn’t come with any sort of powder puff even though there’s totally a spot for it in the packaging.
- On Ulta.com it says that this powder is made with silica minerals to provide a photo ready look… This is true as long as you’re not using flash
- This powder isn’t the best for controlling oil. I’m not super oily anyway but this powder didn’t really do anything to keep it at bay. It does keep my face looking nuce all day though!
- I would say that this powder was not made with baking in mind, it’s almost impossible to pick up with a beauty sponge and it just flies around in a cloud of smoke.
Check out that flashback…. YIKES!
All in all I would recommend this powder if you don’t take many flash photographs! I’m curious to try out the RCMA no color powder though so I’m probably not going to repurchase this right away.
And that’s all folks! Is there a different powder you want us to review? Leave it as a comment below!
–Keep it Posh