Hi there sweet pea! ‘Tis the season for travel so I thought I’d do a run down of what I take in my makeup bag. Warning: this is going to be a pretty long post with a lot of links to reviews that we’ve done.Since this post is going to be so lengthy lets get straight into it!
- Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist – I use this as a primer spray. I’ve talked about it in my Face Favorites post and I still like it but I don’t think it did enough to repurchase it.
- NYX Shine Killer Primer – I use this in my T-zone to help it not get so oily. I’ve only been using this for a couple weeks but so far so good!
- Wet N’ Wild Coverall Primer – I apply this primer on the outer parts of my cheeks and on my jaw to ensure that my foundation will last all day. Even though this primer is really inexpensive I’m not a big fan so I don’t plan on repurchasing it.
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist – I apply this at the end of my makeup application. We’ve talked about this several times on this blog and I still really like it. I’m actually about to purchase my third bottle!
- Milani Foundation – I mix this foundation with the next two products on this list because I’m transitioning between my summer and winter color. Check out my review on this foundation here.
- e.l.f Acne Fighting Foundation – As previously mentioned I mix this with a couple other products to get my perfect foundation shade. I really like this foundation! I also used it in my Back to School makeup tutorial.
- NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in White – Yeah my foundation is a bit of a mess right now. I like this mixer but I think you have to use quite a bit for it to make a difference.
- NYX HD Concealer in 02 – This is the concealer I use under my eyes to brighten. I LOVE this concealer I’ve written about it a few times (it has probably been in more posts I just don’t remember them all) and I would highly recommend it!
- NYX Above and Beyond coverage concealer – I’m only using this product because I’m trying to use it up. I use it to brighten my forehead and bridge of the nose but I wouldn’t recommend this concealer mainly because it doesn’t do much.
- Pixi Concealing Concentrate Concealer – I use this as a spot cover concealer. I like it but it’s pretty yellow and sometimes gives me issues when I blend it out.
- NYX HD Loose Powder – I’ve written a pretty extensive review on this powder, check it out here!
- NYX Powder Foundation – I’ve also written a long review on this powder, check that post out here!
- e.l.f Bronzer in Cool – I use this as a contour shade. I usually do really light contouring everyday, especially if there are going to be pictures taken.
- Dallas Blush by Benefit – This is the only non-cruelty free product in this post but I’m trying to use up this blush and recently I’ve been using it as a bronzer since I’m getting paler.
- Wet N’ Wild ColorIcon blush in Rose Champagne – I’ve written a review on this blush a little while back. This blush is so good though because it’s really natural but still adds a rosy touch.
- Wet N’ Wild ColorIcon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana – This is a great natural highlight to achieve that perfect dewy skin. As you can tell from the picture I really like this product and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that like a subtly highlight.
- Wet N’ Wild MegaGlo Highlighter in Precious Petals – This highlight is for those of you that like an intense highlight! I even compared it to a crazy highend highlight!
- Lorac Behind the Scenes eyelid primer – I got this little sample when I bought my Lorac Pro Palette. It was nice I wouldn’t intentionally repurchase it though.
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte palette – I could rave about this palette forever! It’s totally worth the $20 price tag! I use this palette for all of my crease work and lining and if I want some shimmer on my eyes I’ll just pop some of the highlight on the center of my lids. Check out our review of the palette here.
- NYX Slide on Glide on eye pencil in Black – I used to love this liner but it doesn’t really stay on my waterline or tight-line so as of now I’m trying to use it up.
- NYX Wonder Pencil in Light – This liner however I really enjoy. I apply this to my waterline to brighten up my eye look. I also put this under my brows to highlight there too!
- Milani Lash Trifecta mascara – This is my favorite cruelty-free mascara that I’ve tried so far. I am planning on doing a big mascara post though!
- NYX Skinny mascara – I use this mascara as my lower lashes mascara, and I absolutely loved it, but this tube dried out super fast so I don’t think I would repurchase it.
I’ve talked about 3/4 of these products in my Cruelty-Free Favorites: Eye Edition if you want to read more about them!
- NYX Microbrow pencil in Taupe – This is my go-to brow product. It’s so easy and relatively inexpensive. We’ve done a post comparing this to the ABH Brow Wiz, you can check that out here!
- NYX Tinted Brow mascara – I love this stuff, it’s definitely my favorite brow gel!
I’ve also written about both of these products in my Cruelty-Free Favorites: Eye Edition post!
- Wet N’ Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Transcendence and Charred Cherry – When I’m visiting family I normally don’t go crazy with lip products. These are great because they’re a soft wash of color but still pretty looking.
- NYX Lip Liner in Peekaboo Neutral – This is just a perfect neutral shade that matches with any lip color placed on top.
- NYX Lip Lingerie in Exotic – I really like this formula .It’s kind of drying but it lasts on the lips all day and that’s all that matters right?
And that’s all folks! I hope you found this post helpful for when you’re packing next! Keep on the look out for a tools version of this post that’ll be up in a couple weeks!
–Keep it Posh