Hi there! Today I’m bringing you a review on some bareMinerals products that I’ve been trying out. Spoiler Alert: they’re awesome!I received some bareMinerals products as a gift for Christmas 2016 and I didn’t get the chance to test them out until recently because of the other makeup I purchased in January. I feel like I actually have an opinion on the products now though so I thought this would be the perfect time to write this review.
bareMinerals is a cruelty-free brand that you can purchase at multiple retailers including Ulta and Sephora. bare Minerals is known for their mineral products (duh) and has a reputation for giving a “no-makeup makeup-look”. I’ll be honest, before I received some of these items as a gift I didn’t really have any appeal in the brand because I thought it was all loose eyeshadow and mineral foundation. After playing with these products though I am interested in looking more into the brand to see what else they have to offer.
Let’s get into the items!
- Eye Brightener in “Well-Rested” ($20) – Now if you’re a fan of YouTube makeup tutorials this product should sound familiar. This product is marketed as an under eye “concealer” and let me tell you this stuff is pigmented! Now, when I first applied this to my under eye I was expecting that dramatic brightening effect that everyone on YouTube gets but because I’m so fair right now it didn’t do a ton for my under eyes. I still like how it works and how smooth it makes my under eyes but I think I’m going to put this product away until I get a little color back into my skin. I should mention that I typically use this product to wipe away and excess under eye setting powder that I apply.
- READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in “The Covert Affair” ($21) – This duo is just too cute! The shadows are very soft and natural looking on the eyes which is great for everyday or if you don’t want to do a ton of work blending out colors. “Air” looks nice all over the lid since it’s your standard champagne color and “Catch Me If…” is a cool purple with a coppery shift that I like applying to the lower lashline to bring out the green in my eyes. While I really enjoy this duo I wouldn’t recommend it (or ones in other colors) if you already own tons of eyeshadow. But if you’re just starting with makeup or are looking for an easy everyday formula I’d say you check theses duos out.
- Loose Eyeshadow in “Soul” ($15) – While I enjoy this product I’m really not a single shadow girl, especially if it’s a loose shadow. This color is a nice champagne color that gives almost a wet look to the eye. I like how this product looks on the inner corner and even as a subtle face highlight but I don’t think I would go out and purchase any of the other colors. This shadow is extremely blendable and easy to use though just not something I naturally reach for.
- Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in “Maverick” ($18) – This is another one of this products that I’m torn on. This color is a very pretty rose mauve shade with a slight gold shimmer, this lipgloss smells really good (almost a minty vanilla scent?) AND it looks nice on the lips. But I’m just not much of a gloss person… I’ve definitely started wearing more gloss this past winter season because my lips have been so dry but I prefer a satin or matte finish to my lips. If you’re a big fan of lipgloss I’d say check this out but I’m not going to intentionally pick one up. Also this gloss does a bit of plumping for the lips so it has that minty slightly tingly and cold feeling so if you’re weary of that I would skip this product.
- Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in “Crimson Pop” ($16) – I think this color was a holiday exclusive, sorry! This stuff is great! It’s essentially a tinted lip balm but my lips feel so moisturized after I use this and the color is bold enough to make wearing it worth it but it wears off the lips nicely while leaving a little bit of color behind. I find that I don’t have to reapply this as often as I reapply other lip balms. The one problem that I have with this product though is the scent, the best way that I can describe it is that it smells like crayons. I don’t really smell it when it’s actually on my lips but if you have a sensitive nose make sure you give it a sniff in store before you purchase.
Here’s the look I’ve been doing with these products, like I said I always think of light/natural looking makeup when I think of bareMinerals so that’s the look I ended up going for.
And that’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed this review of some bareMinerals products! What are some of your favorites?